Thursday, December 2, 2010

26 weeks



Well, the doctor officially moved up our due date so I jumped from 25 weeks to 26 (almost 27) weeks today which means our new due date is March 4th! We had our  follow up ultrasound last week and everything looked great. They said that all the measurements in the brain looked fine and that as far as they could tell the baby is healthy. It was a much better experience than our first ultrasound. We got some great pictures too!
How Far Along: 26 Weeks
Size of baby: English hothouse cucumber, about 14 inches long and almost 2 whole pounds!
Movement: I feel him move all the time! It seems like he is the most active in the evening and especially right around the time that I am trying to go to sleep. I've started to see his movements rather than just feel them which is a totally weird experience. 
What I miss: I was at the gym with Trevor today and I realized that I think I miss running, or at least being more active than I am right now. I was walking at what felt like a snail's pace as Trevor ran next to me and I really wanted to be running too!
Cravings: I am still craving fruit but that's about it. I keep hoping for some weird craving to hit so that I can send Trevor out late at night to get me something I just can't live without but it hasn't happened yet...is that just some pregnancy myth? 
Pregnancy Symptoms: My back has been hurting more and more and I'm sure that is just going to continue. Still having some heart burn too which I hate. I read somewhere that "pregnancy brain" is a myth but I have to say that I disagree. I've been taking food out of the fridge and leaving it out in weird places and feel like I'm constantly loosing my train of thought. I was talking with some co-workers about it in an elevator at work and we just so happened to be sharing the elevator with a neurologist. He over heard the conversation and assured me that it is a real phenomenon, I think he called it "pregnesia"......
Best Moment this week: Well, I guess it was technically last week but we had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving with our friends and family. We had three (!) great celebrations and feel lucky that our baby has so many people that already love him and can't wait to meet him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment