One thing I remember about summers when I was younger was that it was the one time in the year when I sat down to watch the occasional soap opera. Granted, soap operas were somewhat banned in our house (such trash!) but it seemed that I could always sneak a few minutes of "Days of our Lives" or "All my Children" on the occasional summer afternoon. No, this is not my way of saying I've been spending my summer watching soap operas (I wish I had time to sit in front of the TV during the day) but thinking of this blog made me think back to those days of watching trashy soaps. Why? It's because one of the things that always drove me CRAZY soap operas were the children in them. One day they would be a baby, then literally, the next episode they would suddenly be teenagers. Without any explanation, they just morphed into these new characters and I, the savvy viewer, was just suppose to accept it and take it in stride. So unbelievable! Well, I can't help but feel this blog is about to make the same dramatic turn. Last time I blogged, Logan was a baby and now.......
......he's a full blown toddler. Unbelievable I know, but somehow it happened.
Trevor had to head back to work this week which signals that our summer is coming to an end. Rather than try to make up for lost time and recount everything we did this summer I will just say that we have had a great time over the last few months. Our summer was highlighted by many days at the beach, numerous berry picking trips, our first really successful garden and lots of time spent in kiddie pools. All in all, a great great summer.
Oh, on a final note, I got an iPad at the end of the summer (a totally work-related purchse, what with all the fun speech related apps I plan to buy) which I am sure will change my life and make me a better blogger and overall human being....but only time will tell.

No comments:
Post a Comment