Thursday, June 2, 2011

Time sure flies.....

....when you are hanging out with your new baby! My last entry on our blog was written just a few hours before my water broke and here it is 11 weeks later! I have thought about getting on here so many times to update how things are going but obviously, despite my best intentions, I've failed to do so. I'll make an attempt to give a quick rundown on the last 2 and half months....here goes:

Logan David made his long awaited arrival on March 16th at 9:06 pm. He came via C-section which was obviously not what we had planned so I was once again reminded that despite the great plans that I come up with for myself, there is ultimately someone else in control! We were immediately taken by him and fell in love instantly. It was so much fun to share his arrival with so many of the people that we love, both sets of grandparents, Uncle Kevin and Uncle Alex and Auntie Jo all stayed up late to greet us when we finally made it out of recovery around midnight. My mom promptly reaffirmed how cute he was by sharing "He's really cute. He's cuter than you or Jered were. Seriously."

 Here are a few pictures from our first few days together....









Uncle Jered and Aunt Lisha came down from Seattle on Friday to meet their new nephew 




Trevor was able to take 12 weeks off from work so we spent the first 11 1/2 weeks of Logan's life together as our new little family of 3...what an amazing blessing! He headed back to work this week and we both agree that the last 2 months have been the best of our life (thus far!). I always knew that Trevor would be a great dad but he surpassed any expectation I could have had. He had to do a lot, especially since I was moving a little slow the first few weeks as I recovered from the c-section. For a while, it felt like he was taking care of me and Logan.

I'd love to share more but someone is just waking up from a nap....duty calls! I'll be sure to post more soon and tell a little more about how much fun it has been getting to know this new little person....and before 11 weeks have passed, I promise!

~R

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you updated! Even if I get to talk to you whenever I want, I like reading what you write - and of course seeing pics of the Little Man.

    ReplyDelete